Monday, December 19, 2016

This was written the day after the election...


Don't Mourn, Fight Back  - Mother Jones
Today I freakin' flipped out at one of the men I see as having used me and silenced me these past several years. I must say that, as he was the one to initiate the conversation, he was not argumentative, and withstood my criticisms quite stoically,  and seemed genuinely to take the situation seriously, if not my insistence that his previous dismissals were a major driver of the whole sickening situation.
I'm been under one narcissistic, sociopathic power-mad man's thumb for to long (and dammit, one day is too long), while all stood by and watched. I cannot and will not let it happen again without comment.
Going to the post office today for my passport application, but also need to find out how I can become move politically involved locally and be part of the change. I was silent this whole election season, didn't try to educate, didn't challenge false claims, didn't try to engage my friends. Mea culpa. Not again.

No comments:

Post a Comment