Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just an update on my state of mind


For those of you concerned on how I am holding up - I am doing so well that I'm sure many would say I am in denial.  I think I am just a naturally happy person who has been trapped inside and unhappy situation for 32 years.  Or maybe I am on the fringe of bi-polar and now on a long good spell.  Anyway, I wanted to share something I just wrote to a friend:
[I am]happy a surprising amount - I was thinking about this a lot, how my default voice in my head has changed from "I'm tired and sad, please help me" to "I'm happy, I'm so nervous, but happy". Really, I think that much of the time. I usually "talk to myself" like that when I am in the bathroom or just collapsing on the couch after work, or after I turn out the lights in bed. 
Good summary.

1 comment:

  1. If that is denial, then it sounds like a very healthy sort! And mildly hypomanic is a great way to live, as long as that's as far as it goes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete