Thursday, November 14, 2013

Rolling, not Falling, thank you

another "I'm not editing this, I just wanna get it out"

So...let me put it this way:  Every night is a mini horror movie, as I come home from work, tired but chipper, and check the mailbox (ee ee ee ee ee ee).  Oh no, don't look!  Don't go in there!  AAAAHHHHHHH! Suits, petitions, affidavits, claims, aaahhh! no! help!

and I have a mini panic spree, basically calling up a friend and saying "He is even worse"...

and then, I suck it up.  UNBELIEVABLE!  Thank you, thank you God for giving me this balance!

A friend pointed out how down my last post was, so I tried to look objectively at where I am. =  I am amazing, productive, and clear-headed.  Objectively, I am really quite well.  And compared to while I was still with the wasband, it is incredible that I have made such a turn-around. Even with the mailbox of horror.

Okay, I know I can't clear out the past however many months of down blogs.  But in sum, I am doing so well.  My refrain is still "It's all good"  even if sometimes I add "...but I could use some help."

My friend gave me this T-shirt, and I'm taking the message to heart:
But I still finally made a phone call to the doctor to make sure I don't let all this drag me down. 
And I'm going strong with the yogurt and the dancing to keep me in the pink.

********************************************************************

Tangent- something I realized:  A few years back, the wasband saw his clothes were getting tight, so he went on a pretty strict diet and lost the weight right away.  He was a super-grump for the months on the diet, but he stuck it out.  Then he explained how everyone else is so dumb, losing weight is easy, just eat less, no need for "plans" or "schedules" or "points". Don't talk and think about it, just do it.
Yet when it came to saving money, no matter how much I begged, he couldn't (wouldn't) stop spending wads of money every day!  "Just don't buy anything!" I would tell him.  No, our budget had to be analyzed, digitized, cataloged and worked over for hours to explain where the problem was.  "The problem is you indulge every little whim, from daily snacks and videos to clothes to plays to concerts, and spend hours every week looking around amazon. Just stop spending"

Maybe I should be more understanding.  But good food is good.  Buying stuff is just stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment