Monday, May 12, 2014

Grapefruit Love

Instead of going through Facebook, which is full of all those horrible (to lonely me) Mother's Day posts, I'll share with you what I was thinking about today (and I see this is kinda' a continuation of the last post, although not about elephants).


I'm still making my way through the piles of left-over Pesach produce, so I brought in a grapefruit for lunch.  I love grapefruit, but they are such a mess to eat bare-handed.  I was reminded of the most romantic thing anyone ever did for me: when my college boyfriend would peel the membrane off grapefruit sections for me, unasked, just because he knew I would like it. 

It is hard to explain what makes for a beautiful gift.  But certainly the price, and even the effort are not necessarily the major factor.  Mostly, it's the reflected message "I know you, you are meaningful to me."

Happy May 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment