Thursday, May 14, 2020

Happy Funny Pretty Cake Post

I feel like the vibe here is too heavy, so before going on to Good Avice, Part II, let's take a break for some cake and comic relief.

My former neighbors, (still current great friends) were about to move to their new home, and were having a last hurrah in the old place for the husband's birthday. Over the years, he had asked me to make many cakes for his wife for her birthday or their anniversary. So finally the wife asks me to make a cake for HIM - I think she knows how much I generally don't like being asked, but I was THRILLED. "Could you do a T.I.M.E. Stories theme?" Can I do I time stories theme?!?!? Oh, I am a-plannin' the craziest, coolest, best cake ever, for my board game-playing, geeky, bestest dad, cartoon watching fabulous neighbor of mine. And with Moo, who has practically grown up in their house, we plan and design and print and bake, and show the birthday boy how much he means to us:

Yes, it's all cake (except for the deck of cards in the top right,
 candy tokens on the left)

Sample character card


Sample location card



...and so on. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment