Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fickle

I'm happy, I'm not happy, back and forth.

Last week was great, had the kids, and had an extreme feeling of well-being and contentment.  I wish I had had time to blog.  As it is, you usually get me on the off weeks, when I feel not so complete. 

One might think I would have more "free-time" when the boys are with their father."  If I do, I totally waste it just watching TV.  But I don't really have time, because I stay at work late, do laundry, go shopping for groceries and whatever school supplies or clothes the boys need, and try to take care of all the little chores I still have waiting (switch utility services, change address on documents, etc).  I actually get much more reading done when the boys are with me, and I make good meals and keep the apartment tidier.  These are the benefits of structure...and the self-enforced no-TV period while trying to get the boys to fall asleep.  I have probably finished more books in the last 4 months than in the 2 years prior.

So on Monday I intended to write about how great life is, blah, blah.  Then I had a lot of trouble at work trying to teach myself a new procedure (with, what I later found was, a terribly misleading instruction protocol).   I was very frustrated, and so the whole evening went badly, spilled stuff, didn't get chores done, went to bed angry.  On Tuesday, one of the people I e-yelled to sent me a video-link, and I found success!  All was well, happy happy.  Got chores done, good evening. 

I am much to easily swayed between moods.  I guess that's all, I gotta go do stuff.

But here is something fun
http://www.icollector.com/220-Hedy-Lamarr-Delilah-peacockfeather-eye-twopiece-gown-from-Samson-and-Delilah_i10658047
photos of costumes, etc. from Hollywood auction.  I originally went to it to see the costumes that prove Marilyn Monroe wernt no size 12 no matter how much that might we might like that, more like a size 2 with an itty-bitty 18" waist.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment