Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's like chocolate, but without even the immediate satisfaction...


I am going for a comfort weekend.  I want to feel swaddled and far away from turmoil.  Maybe I will bring some chocolate, not that my host would really appreciate that.  I'll bring some flowers as well.

I recently met with the wasband, said some things I regretted.  I think I said this before, but I can't believe how my life has come to resemble a "Cathy" cartoon.  To summarize, even though I am happier than I have been in years, even though I see incompatibility after incompatibility in the wasband, even though I don't want any complications in my life right now,  I prodded the wasband into sending a message, "I miss you, let's try again."  My immediate reaction was to cry and be angry at both of us.  30 seconds later, the second reaction hit, "I wonder how much farther I can push him?"  And then it all crumbled into the realization that I could not push him too much further before he would crack, and I would again be distraught like I was before.

Why, why would I try for that tiny sign of lingering affection from this man?  It is so bad for me in everyway, and doesn't give me much satisfaction.  I guess I hoped to hit the jackpot; "I love you, I love you, won't you understand?  I was so wrong to act as I did,  I have regretted it everyday.  I have been so sad and lonely and angry at myself, that is why I have been so cold, for fear of breaking down at any moment.  I will do anything, teach me how to please you!..."

Yeah, right.  I don't know if that has ever happened in the history of mankind, but I doubt the odds were ever stacked higher against it than in our case. 

While trying to drown my anxieties with science and fluff, I came across this T-shirt.  LOVE IT!
For more cool-o geeky T-shirts, check out
http://bitesizebio.com/store/

No comments:

Post a Comment