Thursday, March 6, 2014

Don't hate me for being ahead of the game


Pesach, Pesach Pesach Pesach! There I  said it! Hahahahahahaha.

Yes, I started some small but significant Pesach prep already.

For some of you (whom I will try not to hate), this is lagging behind, those of you with the humongous mansions that you start to clean from the end of Chanukkah.  Of course, not soooo long ago, every housewife was almost constantly preparing - my mother is forever sharing how her mother saved schmaltz from months in advance to have for Peasch (how does one save animal fat??? does it really not go rancid?  with all my "crunchy" interests, I have no knowledge or experience of this), and certainly anyone canning produce would prepare the products to be chametz-free, at least some of it.  I assume the "Pesach kitchen" was a fairly regular thing - even if it just meant a basin, pot and some utensils; kinda' like my "parve kitchen", in fact exactly like it. 

Since I now have a "Pesach storage space" that is pretty easily accessible, it seems outright foolish not to start loading up on supplies in advance.  I made a nice comprehensive list of my Pesach stuff last year, and I'm pretty sure I can find it, but didn't do so yet.  Okay assignment for tonight...

Oh, and I got a coupon from my local Rent-A-Center for basically a free extra months rental, so I think I'm gonna get that extra fridge extra early!  Yeah, 2nd assignment...

Also I cleaned my car, so I could carry home said supplies.  Also I gave my stove a really good scrubbing so the final scrubbing will be that much easier.  And thank goodness I did - I had forgotten I had agreed to let a friend use my kitchen to give a cooking demonstration. Phew! no one need know what my stove normally looks like! Also I started sweeping up those crumbs up against the wall that the vacuum won't get, and back and around and under my living room furniture.

Then I got sick - unrelated to cleaning, except I had to stop cleaning.

Okay, now is only concentrating on Purim, and trying to be actually kinda pleased that I'm not spending months on that this year (subject for "another blog" which I have been unable to write for years).

Pesach, Pesach Pesach Pesach! Yeah man, I'm gonna revel in it at long as I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment