Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I ran, it wasn't sickening

Day 382:  194.6
Just wanted to post something I am so happy about.

I have been trying to run to lose weight and look better, and just to be able to run and to feel stronger.  So I would get up early, stumble out the door, run around the block a couple times.  After 3 weeks, I kinda gave up because I HATED IT.  I hated getting up early, I hated running, it felt back, made me wheeze, caused pain in my shoulders, was totally boring, and just generally felt bad from the first step to the last.

So that was about a week and a half ago I last ran in the morning.

Last night it was so nice out, I went for a nice brisk walk.  I came to a good straight bit of sidewalk, and something said "run".  So I ran.  Just a couple blocks.  I loved it.  And it was real running, not just that slow jogger shuffle I had been doing. Woo.  Today, I was late for an appointment a few blocks from my work.  Again, went a block or so in real run!  I like it.  I'm excited to see if I continue to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment