Monday, November 28, 2011

Muppet Movie (and Moneyball)

My movie buddy and I seem to be at an all time high, viewing an average of 1 movie per month.

Last month we went to Moneyball, which I knew next to nothing about going in.
 I really enjoyed watching this movie, as did my buddy.  The story was interesting and moved along nicely.  It was exceptionally clean for a mainstream movie, really only some language that gave it the PG rating, and even that did not seem at all gratuitous. Our only real complaint was the ridiculous length of film of Brad Pitt driving a car.  Catch it, especially if you liked Freakonomics (which now has a blog - just found this a second agohttp://www.freakonomics.com/blog/.

Okay, second movie was The Muppets.
I went into this movie with a lot more previews and expectation, and was sadly diappointed.  I mostly kept wondering "who was that cameo?"  After that I wondered "Does Amy Adams still enjoy these Disney roles? Did she ever enjoy them? I feel sorry for her being so typecast."  Movie buddy and I did have a couple nice deep laughs.  I guess I just had bigger hopes.

Oh, as an aside, I also recently saw Ushpizin for the first time.  Fantastic, really, I couldn't believe how deeply it touched me.  Not too surprisingly, it was the love story that hit me hardest at this moment in my life.  Go see it no matter who you are.  I looked around at reviews - I was not the only one to see the obvious similarities to Raising Arizona.  I was actually surprised how this was usually dismissed.  Maybe I will continue this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment