Thursday, September 13, 2012

Just news...

...not much observation.  The house sold, I was given 9 days to move out; with Rosh Hashannah in there, it's really only 5-6 days.  I was beyond pissed and beyond depressed.  It's the beginning of September, so there are barely any apartment immediately available.  This was awful.  I was already feeling so sorry for myself that no one welcomed me into the neighborhood, and now I had to deal with trying to find a solution, on my own, with no resources.  I spent the last day and a half stumbling around, thinking horrible, depression-induced thoughts.

Well, I found several viable options.  I didn't have to do it totally alone, I even had a friend who looked at some of the apartments with me, is helping me find major appliances, etc.  In fact, I'm feeling now like I have too many option, too hard to choose - whatever I choose I will feel that I missed the right opportunity.  But I am functioning MUCH better.  Actually did a lot of stuff at work today, even though I am now taking this break to blog. 

Remember what I said before about previously, desperately wanting to partner with someone, and recently feeling like that need is subsiding?  Forget it.  I am terrified of having to make these kind of decisions alone, and be strong on my own.  Yuck.  Don't like it, can't take enough pride in it to make it a good thing, I just hate it.

I can't become complacent yet - I need to really muster all the forces I can to MOVE MY STUFF in just a few days, and then move it again in a couple weeks.  Plus I need to beg all shabbos and yomtov meals until, well, probably the whole yomtov season.  I was so looking forward to hosting meals again...  Maybe I didn't move on that fast enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment