Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pretty

Last night the shul sisterhood had a "Spa and Sushi" event.  This morning, my nails are a bright coppery-gold.  In some cultures, this is considered quite attractive...

No, I'm just kidding - I picked out the color, and I am very pleased with the manicure.  I think it looks beautiful.  The other ladies seemed to agree.  Those of us sporting bold colored polish were happier with our choices than the women who picked more conservative colors.  I might also have been happier with the results since I do not keep my nails closely pared these days (whoops -not paired, they are closely paired), as do many of the other attendees.

I also decided to show off my fanciest-yet beaded bracelet.



This is the veiw from the back.  People wonder if it is like a glove; no, it leaves your hand very free.














  So, while I'm at it, I will show you the stuff I have been working on in the last couple months (I have been popping off bracelets almost every other night for the past couple weeks, Channukah Bazaar season is coming up.)







I want to learn some more designs like the star - such as snow flakes.  But I am also desperate for more snoods.  Anyway, I'm glad to be arms-deep into the pretty.

2 comments: