Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thoughts on...ya'know

I really wanted to post about purim costumes, because I wanted to put up some great old pictures of my little guy.
then I wanted to post about my little guy's reaction to this collection of Canadian animated shorts.
then I wanted to post amore about the Augusten Burroughs book, and about dieting.
But what I REALLY wanted to post about was my dream from last night...which leads back to that same subject I keep teasing you with...guys, guys, guys. 

So my "Dating" thoughts several weeks ago were about how to describe my failed marriage to any potential new suitors.  This subject must come up quickly, no?  I know I would ask.

The proper answer to give most people (not that there are so many people at the moment who need ANY answer) is we see the world completely differently, too differently to work together.  This is completely true, this is why the marriage failed, this is what I tell the children.  Not that I did this, or he did that, but we are just completely incompatible.  But clearly, some more detail is needed on a date. 

So that is the completely unexciting thoughts I wanted to write up...but not now.

The dream:  Can't remember much of anything, except being out on the sidewalk, feeling depressed and anxious about some vague future event, and the wasband saying all the right things to make me feel loved and protected and hopeful and loving.  Except, of course, I realized after I woke, that the "dream-man" was not the wasband at all - just someone with a very similar face, but completely different thoughts, emotions, desires, attitudes, and better style in clothes.

I changed my FB profile today, back to an old picture - an engagement photo actually, that the wasband worked with the photographer to get the way he imagined.  I want to look great again.  Even just for me.  And then I could be happy and pretty for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment