Sunday, July 7, 2013

Climbing Back Up

I can't say why I am feeling better this week.  It's mostly chemical I guess.  See, now this is the time I should be looking for a psychiatrist, when I am able to handle the pressure, but the Catch-22 is I don't have the proper motivation to put the energy or resources into it.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I am feeling better, but, unfortunately, not nearly as creative, so I don't have much to say. 

One little thing that I noticed, that seems to be a paradigm of the troubles faced by public schools (although this isn't actually about schools):
I have been searching for good low-cost activities for kids over the summer.  I checked out the local libraries' offerings.  The suburban libraries have all kids of good programs I actually plan to attend - magicians, authors, films, puppet shows, etc.  The city libraries have no funding, and are desperate to just give kids an alternative to the hot streets, so theirs are mostly lame programs I will not be attending - "surprise" daily art projects (like paper-plate suns, tissue paper teddy bears), and video games, and not much else.  So sad.  And I suppose this is the librarians' fault?  Meanwhile, as I was doing ALL my laundry at the laundromat this morning, I see a commercial, during NASCAR, recruiting people to become teachers.  They couldn't really give any reasons why this would be a good choice, except that we really, really need you.  Sad.

Blah blah blah.

It's hot.  I'm not so depressed.  Teachers receive an absurd amount of flack they don't deserve from inside and outside the system.  I guess that's about it for now. 

 I'm also gonna take the kids to a local pet store to visit the two headed turtle.  Here is a picture of a different, but very similar, turtle pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment