Friday, July 26, 2013

Going it Alone Really Is the Worst

205.6  Stalled

In a post one or two Pesachs ago, I said that the hardest part was having to run all the errands by myself.  A close friend had the reaction, "Oh, that sounds good.  Things must be going really well, if the HARDEST part is having to run the errands yourself."  She really thought I was making an optimistic comment.

No.  It really is a tremendous psychological pressure, at least for myself and other single mothers I know, to know that you must be responsible for EVERYTHING.  There is no chance to take a break, to ask someone else "can you handle stuff today?"  There is no one to bounce ideas, anxieties, set-backs.

I got some similar responses to Monday's "It's Summer" post.  I thought that was a terribly depressing post - I was certainly depressed when I wrote it.

I had some divorce business to attend to this week.  I desperately wanted to call someone to hold my hand during.  But I didn't; who would I call?  I mean, I have some wonderful friends, but I can't see anyone finding a baby-sitter for her kids, just so she can sit in my apartment while I search for all correspondence from my lawyer, or come over for 10 minutes to support me while I open an envelope.  Or even to go to court for a support hearing.  But it does seem like something a mother or maybe a sister would do. Yes?  No?  I don't know.  But it really pains me terribly often, and is usually the last straw, placed on top of whatever anxiety of the day, that breaks me. 

Anyway, I also seem not to be much influenced by the embarrassment of publicly printing my weight.  Too anonymous maybe? 

Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment